We drilled the holes in the wood for the duck house
I don't have time to write a blurb today so I just copied and pasted part of an entry from my journal:
------
We went to cut wood again at Grandma’s house. What a job. It can be stressful at some points but I never realized that I would learn so much about carpentry and woodworking. They say a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, etc. One thing that the scout law doesn’t say that it should is that a scout is open-minded. I mean, when people think “scouting”, they think of what? Camping. Hiking. Cooking. Okay, great, but with all the merit badges these days, there’s a lot more to it: Architecture, Sports, Computers, Cameras, Citizenship, Reading, Speaking, you-name-it. And the eagle project in itself must be another boatload of subjects. It really helps to be open-minded. Sure, I don’t like everything. I don’t much care for camping but, hey, not everyone does. And I do occaisonally go camping. Why? Camping pushes me into new areas and I think, “Maybe this will be fun.” Anyone who wants to be a scout..or get through life even, should be open-minded. It’s not always that open-minded ones who suceed, but the closed-minded ones never suceed.
------
We went to cut wood again at Grandma’s house. What a job. It can be stressful at some points but I never realized that I would learn so much about carpentry and woodworking. They say a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, etc. One thing that the scout law doesn’t say that it should is that a scout is open-minded. I mean, when people think “scouting”, they think of what? Camping. Hiking. Cooking. Okay, great, but with all the merit badges these days, there’s a lot more to it: Architecture, Sports, Computers, Cameras, Citizenship, Reading, Speaking, you-name-it. And the eagle project in itself must be another boatload of subjects. It really helps to be open-minded. Sure, I don’t like everything. I don’t much care for camping but, hey, not everyone does. And I do occaisonally go camping. Why? Camping pushes me into new areas and I think, “Maybe this will be fun.” Anyone who wants to be a scout..or get through life even, should be open-minded. It’s not always that open-minded ones who suceed, but the closed-minded ones never suceed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home